How to make Pineapple Rasam
- Pressure cook the dal.
- mash the dal and set aside.
- Grind the pepper, jeera and garlic into coarse powder.
- Keep aside.
- Grind one pineapple slice to paste
- Set aside as well.
- Add 1 mashed tomato and 1 cup of water together inside a bowl.
- Chop the remaining tomato and pineapple slice finely.
- Combine the salt, 3/4th of the ground pepper, jeera, garlic, grounded pineapple, rasam powder, and turmeric with the mashed tomatoes.
- temper the items listed under ‘For Tempering’ in a kadai followed by curry leaves.
- Add the reserved 1/4th part of jeera, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Stir together thoroughly.
- Add chopped tomato and pineapple.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes at a medium temperature.
- Add the mixed items from step 3 with enough water to adjust its consistency.
- Bring it to boil.
- Add cooked dal.
- Top with chopped coriander leaves.
- switch off the flame and cover immediately once the rasam is about to boil or raises frothy.
Rasam is firmly considered to be a comfort food in Southern India