How to make Kollu rasam
- Pressure cook the kollu for 10 whistles using 4 cups water.
- Remove the cooker from the heat and let cool.
- Separate the kollu water.
- Soak tamarind & tomato in the water.
- Add another cup of water if needed.
- Keep the cooked kollu separate in order to prepare sundal.
- Mix the squeezed tomato pulp and tamarind in kollu water after 20 mins, using your fingers.
- Heat oil in a kadhai and temper mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves, cumin powder, broken dry red chillies, crushed garlic flakes, and black pepper powder.
- Add the asafoetida, kollu water mixture, and turmeric powder.
- Add salt to taste and chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix everything together thoroughly.
- Remove immediately from the flame once the mixture begins to boil.
- Serve hot with steamed rice.
- Packing this for lunch? Make sure you carry it in an insulated tiffin box
- Rasam has been shown to rejuvenate the skin.
- Rasam is the most sought after comfort food across south India.