How to make Pineapple Chutney
- Place a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add pineapples, onions, honey, vinegar, curry powder, ginger, salt, and red pepper flakes.
- Turn the heat onto high, add a splash of water if required, and continue stirring until the mixture starts to boil.
- Turn to heat to low and continue cooking. You need to keep stirring after 1-minute intervals, so that the chutney does not burn or stick to the. It will take the pineapple 20 to 30 minutes to soften and by that time the mixture will be thickened as well.
- Turn the heat off and let the chutney cool down completely. transfer some chutney to a serving bowl to have immediately, and the remaining in sterile ceramic jars to have later.
- A pineapple takes up to 3 years to fully mature. That is why it is so highly priced.
- Pineapples have beautiful flowersthat range from bright red to lavender. These flowers also make berries!
- After they have been harvested, pineapples do not ripen anymore. This means that a green pineapple will always stay a green pineapple.
- Pineapples are used to tenderize meat.