How to Make Pilgrim
- Spread outside of bread lightly with mayonnaise, this is to ensure the bread has proper grip of the ingredients.
- Spread inside of bread with thousand island dressing, this is so the bread soaks up the dressing and remains moist.
- Equally divide all the turkey as you would to accommodate at least 4 equally cut and sliced sandwiches.
- Equally divide the remaining cheese between 4 sandwiches, this is to ensure uniformity and guarantee flawless taste.
- Put in frying pan, as you would fry a grilled cheese sandwich over medium heat. Continue to fry the sandwich as you would till the exterior is browned crisped and the cheese inside has melted.
- When the toasted sandwich is taken off the frying pan cheese will have reached its molten stage and would be ideal for a cheese pull. This show of skill would finally guarantee that the sandwich is now ready to enjoy!
- The Pilgrim or Puritan, originates from the United States.
- This sandwich is among the fan favorites in the USA.
- It has been made quite the buzz about in the popular TV serial “F.R.I.E.N.D.s” when Ross makes a fuss about someone stealing his “sandwich” after Thanksgiving.
- The Day after Thanksgiving would be the ideal day to symbolize this sandwich with a tender touch and the holiday warmth packed inside two succulent pieces of bread and packed to perfection with the traditional treats of the holiday past.