Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
deli roast beef
large onion (thinly sliced)
green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich
- Heat a saucepan or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Add the olive oil on it and let it heat for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and bell peppers and sauté them.
- After the onions have caramelized (6-8 minutes), add in the garlic, salt and pepper and cook for another minute or so by gently stirring.
- Push the onion mixture to one side of the saucepan.
- Add the roast beef to the hot part of the saucepan and cook for 3 minutes by continuously flipping the meat. Flip it with 2 spatulas and when you see the meat has turned brown from pink, combine the onion and bell peppers with the meat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Divide the meat into 2 portions and sprinkle all the cheese over them until they are fully covered in melted cheese.
- Cut the hoagie rolls or French/Italian bread into 2 parts and fill them up with the meat and cheese.
- Drizzle the sandwiches with some marinara sauce or ketchup.
- Serve while it’s still hot and enjoy!
In the UK sandwiches are made only of sliced bread whereas in USA/Canada a sandwich can be anything that is ‘sandwiched’ together be it burger buns, hoagie rolls, subs etc.