Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
soft goat cheese
medium avocado(sliced thin)
cup of prepared Pesto
slices of Italian Bread
How to Make Pesto Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- Begin by placing a heavy skillet over medium flame to heat up.
- While the skillet is heating, evenly spread a thin layer of goat cheese on 4 slices of bread.
- On the other 4 slices of bread, spread a layer of pesto sauce. Then place slices of avocado and shredded mozzarella on top of it.
- Top the slices with the goat cheese-layered slices of bread.
- Grease the skillet with butter and place sandwiches on it. Carefully move the sandwich to cover it with butter. Cook for 2-3 minutes while pressing with a spatula gently until the bread is brown. Flip the sandwich very gently and repeat the same process on the other side.
- When the cheese has melted and the sandwich is brown on both sides, remove and let it cool down for a minute before slicing.
- The entire month of April is celebrated as the National Grilled Cheese Month.
- September 3rd is the National Grilled Cheese day.
- Between 1940’s and 1950’s, grilled cheese was used to be served open face with just one piece of bread. It was after 1960’s when the foodies slapped on the top bread.
- One of the biggest misconceptions regarding cheese is that the mice love it. That’s not true, cheese actually offends their sharp sensitive noses and they prefer fruits and grains.
In 2013, a competition was arranged in Texas where a Japanese sandwich enthusiast ate 13 grilled sandwiches in just sixty seconds.