Paneer & Soya Chunks Biryani
cup basmati rice – soaked in water for 30 mins
soya chunks – soaked in hot water for 15 mins
cup mint leaves
cup chopped coriander
small tomatoes – finely chopped
tbsp curd or yogurt
tsp turmeric powder
tsp red chili powder
tsp lemon juice
salt to taste
tbsp ginger garlic paste
cup mint leaves
cup chopped coriander leaves
medium sized onions – chopped
chopped green chili
Roast & Grind :
tbsp fennel seeds
tbsp cumin seeds
tsp dry ginger powder
tsp nutmeg powder
How to make Paneer & Soya Chunks Biryani
- Soak soya chunks in hot water for 15 mins and then squeeze out the water completely.
- Cut the chunks into halves.
- Dry Roast all the ingredients mentioned under (Roast & Grind) for few seconds and let cool. Grind in a mixer to coarse powder.
- Spearately grind ginger-garlic paste, mint leaves, coriander leaves, onion, and chili with about 2 tbsp water to make a smooth paste.
- Heat 3-4 tbsp oil in a pressure cooker. Add ground onion-mint paste and sauté a while on low flame. Add tomatoes and mash the pulp. Turn the flame to medium.
- Stir in turmeric powder, red chili powder and ground spices powder.
- Add curd, paneer cubes and soya chunks. Season with salt and stir to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup water and cook covered over a low flame for 5-8 mins.
- Add 5 cups water and bring to boil. Add washed & drained rice to it. Season with more salt and lemon juice. Stir to combine and pressure cook for 2 whistles and remove from heat.
- Once the pressure is released completely, transfer the biriyani into plates and enjoy!
More soybeans are grown in the United States than anywhere in the world.