- 1/2 lb mushroom—cleaned, towel-dried, and sliced thin
- 1 chopped onion
- 3 cloves of garlic – minced
- 3 green chilies—slit
- 1/4 tsp red chili powder (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp black pepper (adjust to taste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp garam masala
- salt to season
- a bunch of chopped coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- Few sprigs of curry leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped capsicum – optional
Mushroom fry is a and easy and no-nonsense dish perfect for snacking or to have as a starter. This dish can be prepared using any kind of edible mushroom. This recipe of stir-fried mushrooms is popular in Goan cuisine, but has made its way into international cuisine over the past decade.
The recipe is rich in vitamin B and is a good source of riboflavin and niacin, selenium and potassium. Mushrooms also contain a fair share of anti-oxidants, vitamin D, and folate.
How to Make Mushroom Fry
Note: The idea is to let the moisture in the mushroom dry up.