How to Make Mok pla
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, stir in curry paste and coconut milk. Dissolve the paste and stir until smooth.
- Add remaining coconut milk, palm sugar, beaten eggs, fish sauce and kaffir lime leaves. Stir the ingredients and set aside.
- To use banana leaves, cut a strip along the grain to the length of your choice. Ensure that the strips are wide enough to sit flatly on the bottom. Wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Align the ramekin with one strip and place the other perpendicular to the strip.
- Stir in a layer of the steamed cabbage on the bottom of the ramekin and then add 2 to 3 Thai basil leaves to each ramekin.
- Spread the fish evenly into each ramekin. Pour the liquid until it is about ½ inch from the top of the vessel.
- Steam at medium heat for 20o minutes.
- Place the cornstarch into a bowl, stir in a bit of water to dissolve it. Add coconut milk to the mixture and stir. Cook the contents in a pot over medium heat. Remove from the heat and pour into a bowl.
- Serve with a little of the coconut cream on top, top with cilantro leaves and chillis. Serve with rice and enjoy!
Did you know that Thailand is the only country in south East Asia that hasn’t been colonized by European forces?