Meen Alleppey Curry with Brown Rice
gram of skinless pomfret fillet
cup of coconut oil
red onions or madras shallots
tablespoon of chopped ginger
tablespoon of chopped green chili
tablespoon of degi mirch powder
gram of diced raw mangoes
salt for taste purposes
tinned coconut cream
tablespoon of coconut milk powder
How to Make Meen Alleppey Curry with Brown Rice
- Get the fish from the market, and clean it first before cutting it into rectangular pieces.
- Prepare a pan on low flames.
- Start preparing the curry by heating coconut oil inside the pan that you may have set earlier.
- Add ginger, shallots and green chili to the pan.
- Fry the mixture of the ingredients mentioned until the onions turn golden brown or soft. Now, add all powdered spices.
- Remove the pan from the flame and add some water before cooking the masala.
- Now, add some salt, curry leave and dices of raw mango until the mango turns soft.
- When the masala is cooked, add some milk and coconut cream and let it cook on slow fire for a while.
- Now, add the fish to the curry and simmer it till the fish is properly cooked, after which adjust the seasoning.
- Serve hot alongside brown rice.
The ocean sunfish produces the most eggs in all species of fishes. Each female from the species is capable to produce around 300 million eggs in one spawning session.