How to Make Meatball-Sub Casserole
- Preheat oven at 400 degree F.
- Add ground beef, chopped onions, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese in a clean bowl.
- Knead the mixture with your hand until everything is well combined.
- Take enough mixture in your hand to shape it in to 1 inch round balls; place them on the rack until the mixture is gone.
- Grease a baking sheet with olive oil, place the balls 1 inch apart on it and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the meat is brown. You can also cook the meatballs in a skillet on medium heat.
- Take them out and reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degree F.
For Tomato Sauce
- In a large bowl add spaghetti sauce, water and minced garlic and whisk them together.
- Mix cream cheese, Italian seasoning, pepper and mayonnaise in a bowl and keep side.
- Layer the bottom of a 13x9 inch lasagna/casserole dish with the bread slices.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture on top of the bread evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the mozzarella on top.
- Spread the tomato sauce on the cheese evenly and place the meatballs on top.
- Sprinkle the remaining mozzarella on top and bake in the over, uncovered for 30 minutes.
- The largest meatball ever was made by the Columbus Italian Club in Columbus, Ohio in 2011. It weighed a whopping 1,100 pounds and took 3 days to cook.
- IKEA is no longer just the best place for cheap and modern furniture, it has also become a famous empire of Swedish meatballs, earning more than $2 billion annually. People all around the world visit IKEA showrooms just to enjoy the delicious meatballs served in their cafeterias.