How to make Madras Egg Paratha
- In a large bowl, combine wheat flour, a pinch of salt, and ghee or oil. Gradually add water and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with a lid and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Mix onion, coriander leaves, red chili powder, turmeric powder, green chilies, ginger, and garlic in a bowl.
- Add eggs and beat the mixture
- Add salt as per your taste.
- Take a small portion of dough and make a round ball.
- Keep it on a smooth surface and roll it into a square shape with the help of a rolling pin.
- Dust it with wheat flour to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, heat a tava on moderate - high flame.
- Place a raw paratha on tava and cook it for a few seconds.
- Spread egg mixture over the paratha and fold it from one side.
- Apply oil on both sides of paratha and cook it well.
- Remove it from tava once it’s properly cooked from the inside.
- Cut it into halves or quarters.
- Serve with an accompaniment of your choice and enjoy!
- The thicker the egg shell, the more will be the age of the laying hen.
- The color of eggshell doesn’t depict its nutritional value.
- You can identify the exact age of an egg by dipping it in a glass of water. If it floats, it’s older and may not be safe to eat.