- Make sure that you blanch the green beans in a large stock pot.
- The water should be salted properly.
- Keep boiling until bright green color and crispiness is achieved.
- Keep boiling for 2 minutes.
- Drain and store the beans in ice water for about 5 minutes.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add oil and butter.
- Add garlic and red pepper.
- Sauté them until fragrant for about a minute.
- Add the beans until they’re covered in butter.
- Add lemon zest and continue to sauté for 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Let it rest at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Serve it.
- Green beans have been cultivated and eaten for 7000 years.
- There are 130 different varieties of green beans.
They’re the third most popular garden plant after tomatoes and peppers.