- 2 1/2 cups of white flour or maida
- 4 tbsp low-fat curd
- 1/2 tsp of baking powder
- 3/4 cup of water (required for kneading)
- 2 tsp of sugar
- 3/4 tsp of salt or as per preference
- 2 1/2 tbsp of oil or ghee
- Oil or ghee for frying
- Extra flour for dusting
- Nigella seeds for sprinkling
How to Make Kulcha
Preparing the Dough
The kulcha is a traditional Indian from the state of Punjab. Kulchas are basically small, round breads made of flour, milk, and butter. Kulchas are traditionally it is cooked in a clay oven or tandoor.
Over the years, several variations have been made over the traditional kulchas. Restaurants have now started to make stuffed kulchas, using vegetables and meat to cater to the preference of customers. Cheese, green peas and spinach are also used as common stuffing ingredients in this traditional Punjabi dish.