How to Make Kig Ha Farz
- Mix together the eggs, milk and butter in a large bowl.
- Gradually add in the flour, sugar, and salt. Stir rigorously until smooth and well-combined.
- Scrape the mixture into a farz bag. Tie it closely. Make sure to leave enough room for it to expand about one-third.
- Wash, peel and finely chop all the vegetables.
- In a large pot, cook the pieces of beef, steak, and pork belly in cold water over medium heat.
- Add in the chopped potatoes, cabbage, turnips and carrots. Now mix in the salt and pepper to taste. Stir until well mixed. Let it cook for an hour or so.
- Now take out the farz from the pot. Press it firmly until it is broken down into irregular bits and pieces. Transfer the farz on the serving plate. Place the meat and vegetables alongside the bits and pieces of farz.
- Serve Kig Ha Farz with the lipig sauce and enjoy!
- Kig Ha Farz is a cooked dish containing various types of meat.
- Kig Ha Farz means “meat and stuffing”.
- It is traditionally eaten in France’s region of Brittany.
The dish is quite similar to pot-au-feu which was considered to be the dish for poor and peasantry.