Karnataka’s Jackfruit Dosa
20 jackfruit pieces – seeds removed and set aside
½ cup rice – washed and soaked in water
¼ cup jaggery powder
A bit more than ¼ cup grated coconut
½ tsp Salt
Ghee or oil for dosa
How to make Karnataka’s Jackfruit Dosa
- Drain some water into a cup.
- Grind the soaked rice along with the jaggery, coconut, cardamoms, and salt, into a fine paste.
- Add water if necessary
- Transfer this to a bowl and grind the jackfruit separately until it becomes a fine paste.
- Add the paste to the rice batter and mix thoroughly.
- Set mixture aside for 10 – 60 minutes.
To make the Dosa:
- Grease and heat the tava or pan at a medium temperature.
- Pour a ladle of dosa batter in the center once the pan is hot enough.
- Spread the batter in a circular motion from the center.
- Add ghee/oil around the edges and to the center.
- Cover it with a lid.
- Flip the dosa to the other side and add a little ghee.
- Allow it to cook.
- Remove the dosa and repeat the procedure using the remaining batter.
- Eat the dosas with liquid jaggery, ghee, or honey.