- Add 1 tsp sugar and ¾ tsp salt on soaked poha and mix gently.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large kadai.
- Roast 2 tbsp peanuts on low flame until they turn crunchy.
- Keep aside.
- Splutter 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp cumin, pinch hing, and few curry leaves in the same oil.
- Add the onions and chilis and sauté until onions shrink slightly without browning.
- Add ¼ tsp turmeric and sauté well.
- Combine the soaked poha and gently stir until everything is combined well.
- Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes or until the flavors are absorbed well.
- Add 2 tbsp coconut, 2 tsp lemon juice, and 2 tbsp coriander.
- Mix gently.
- Enjoy your kanda poha topped with some sev.
Kanda Poha tastes great when they are served hot. Pack them in insulated airtight containers or food containers so you can eat it warm after a few hours.
Poha is a favorite tea shop meal in north India.