How to make
- To a wide frying pan, add the flattened rice.
- Stir well in a medium flame. Remove it after 5 five minutes.
- Allow it to cool down.
- Grind the flattened rice, coconut, sugar, and cardamom.
- Heat a large wok (kadai), add ghee.
- When the ghee is hot, add the flattened rice mixture and stir well.
- Continue to stir for at least 3 minutes.
- Add milk and stir for another 2 minutes.
- Allow the mixture to cool down a little.
- Knead well and make lemon sized balls.
Adding dry fruits like raisings and other nuts brings in the richness and flavors. Store these ladoos in air-tight jars, to use them as a snack for a week or even longer.
- Carbohydrates for breakfast is an efficient way to store long-lasting energy for the entire day.
- Flattened rice/ poha is known as the poor man's food in most Indian states. It is inexpensive and uses very fewer ingredients and yet makes a complete meal.