How to Make Kaju Katli
- In a blender, grind the cashew nuts to a fine powder and set aside. Avoid grinding for long as they tend to ooze out oil.
- Add sugar and water in a pan and cook at medium heat for 5–6 minutes. Stir continuously until the sugar dissolves completely and the syrup turns thick.
- Cook the syrup at low heat. Add the ground cashew nuts and cardamom powder and mix well for 5–7 minutes or until the mixture forms a thick consistency.
- Remove the mixture from the pan and place it on a greased plate. Allow to cool.
- Add milk and begin to knead to form a dough. Roll it with a rolling pin into a thin, evenly spread round shape. If you are using silver leaves, gently stick them onto the flattened dough.
- Cut the dough into equal-sized diamond shapes. Let chill in the refrigerator for 20–30 minutes.
Note: Instead of ghee, you can use butter or vegetable oil.