Italian Style Baked Orange Roughy
½ cup seasoned bread crumbs
2 tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
2 tbsp romano cheese
½ tbsp garlic powder
salt to taste
1 lb of orange roughy fillets
1/3 cup of butter
How to make Italian Style Baked Orange Roughy
- Bring the oven to a temperature of up to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, toss bread crumbs, parmesan cheese, garlic powder and romano. Add some salt to taste. Mix the ingredients properly.
- Now rub both sides of the fillets with butter, only to dredge it in the bread crumb mixture.
- Arrange the fillets in a straight single layer.
- Bake the fillets in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes. You can pull the dish out once the fish becomes flaky. Check this with a fork.
- Pecorino cheese is known as “Pecorino Romano” outside of Italy. It became popular and was exported to the United States in the 19th century. Since then it has found use in several dishes because of its distinctive strong flavor that is usually characterized as very salty. This helps bring out and accentuate the flavors of sauces and pasta dishes.
- Romano cheese is primarily made from fresh whole milk of sheep. The milk is inoculated with natural cultures from the same geographical area. This is also the primary reason why it is so low in lactose.
- Much of the cheese produced is aged for quite some time before it is sent to the market for packaging, the taste becomes salty over time.