How to Make Italian Stewed Tomatoes
- Take a deep pan.
- Heat up some oil into it.
- Add butter into the heated up oil and let it melt.
- Now add chopped onion, chopped green peppers and the chopped celery into the pan.
- Fry it for a couple of minutes until it is slightly golden.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let the vegetables cook until they are tender.
- Now add one tablespoon of corn starch into the tomato puree.
- Mix them well until the puree turns slightly orange.
- Add the tomato puree into the pan.
- Fry it for a couple of minutes until it blends well with all the vegetables.
- Add sugar, salt and black pepper powder to the pan.
- Fry it for another minute.
- Now you can add the tomatoes in the pan. Adding them near the end keep their flavor from being over cooked.
- Fry it until the tomatoes have turned into a fine paste.
- Turn off the heat and pour it out into a separate dish.
- Serve it while it’s still hot with rice or your favorite bread!
- Despite the fact that tomatoes are a popular ingredient in Italian dishes, their origin comes from South America
- Although, Italian stewed tomatoes is considered as a vegetable dish, tomato itself is a fruit!
Tomatoes are in every color of a rainbow except for the color Blue!