Italian Country Style Ribs
country style pork ribs
fresh ground black pepper
Italian red wine
red wine vinegar
large sliced onion
crushed red pepper flakes
How to Make Italian Country Style Ribs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Put ribs in a roasting pan. Season it with salt and pepper. Add in the tomatoes, wine, red wine vinegar, onion, garlic, basil, oregano, fennel seeds, savory, black pepper and bay leaves.
- Cover it with a parchment paper until the meat is tender. Let the ribs cool in the sauce for 30 minutes. Remove the ribs from the sauce, and transfer it onto a plate. Remove the bay leaves and discard them.
- Transfer the sauce to a saucepan. Add in the honey. Mix well until well combined. Bring it to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- Cook until the sauce is thick, for about 20 to 25 minutes. Make sure to skim both fat and the foam residing on top of the sauce.
- Preheat the grill over medium heat. Reheat the sauce if it turns a bit cold.
- Now dip each rib into the sauce and evenly coat it.
- Once the grill is heated, place the ribs onto the grill. Grill the ribs until they are brown and glazed, for about 3 to 5 minutes per side.
- Serve the hot ribs on a serving platter with the sauce of your choice on the side. Enjoy the tasty ribs!
- Ribs are a cut of pork or a beef from the loin side.
- Pork ribs come in three basic cuts – back ribs, spareribs, and country-style ribs.
Country-style ribs are the meatiest variety of ribs.