Italian Butterball Cookies
How to Make Italian Butterball Cookies
- Preheat an oven to 175° C.
- Grease a baking sheet.
- Beat together the butter and 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar with an electric mixer in a large bowl until the mixture turns smooth.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, and almond extract.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- Mix into the butter mixture until it is just incorporated.
- Shape the dough into 1 in balls and arrange on the prepared baking sheet spaced about 2 inches apart.
- Bake in the preheated oven until firm.
- Cool on the sheet for 10 minutes,
- Remove to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Spread the 1/4 cup confectioners’ sugar on a plate.
- Roll the cooled cookies in the confectioners' sugar to coat.
Christmas cookies are a traditional that dates back to the Roman era.