- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup white vinegar
- 1 jar pimento-stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic--finely chopped
- 1/2 cup salt
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflower florets
- 1 small onion - chopped
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 8 fresh jalapeno peppers, sliced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 green bell peppers, diced
How to Make Hottalian Giardiniera
As famous as it is here, giardiniera wasn't invented in Chicago. It was first prepared in Italy, where it was perceived as blended pickles. It is very useful as it has vegetables in the blend that are healthy for the human body.
As indicated by Jim Graziano, proprietor of J.P. Graziano Grocery Co., which is an Italian import organization doing business since 1937 in the West Loop; giardiniera is the Italian method for safeguarding vegetables from the gardens.
Giardiniera additionally is the name used for a female botanist.