How to Make Green Bean Casserole
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C.
- In a large microwave safe bowl, add the drained green beans and the condensed cream of mushroom soup. Mix until the ingredients have been incorporated properly and place it in the microwave on high until it has warmed thoroughly (for 3 to 5 minutes). Once it has heated, add ½ cup of the cheese, mix well, and heat for an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into a casserole dish, sprinkle and evenly spread the French fried onions on the surface, and add the remaining cheese on top as well.
- Bake the green bean casserole in a preheated oven until the cheese begins to melt (and slightly bubble) while the onions start to brown.
- Take it out of the oven and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting into it. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
- Casserole is a baked dish made with a variety of ingredients.
- Many people often make casseroles because they are easy to make and because they are a high nutritional meal.
- Shepherd’s pie and lasagna are types of casseroles.
December 3rd is national green bean casserole day.