How to Make Glorified Rice
- Take a medium-sized saucepan and pour 2 cups of water in it. Bring the water to a boil and add 1 cup of uncooked white rice in it. Stir it with the help of a wooden spoon, reduce the heat to the lowest, cover the saucepan with a lid and let it simmer for about 20 minutes or until the rice are soft.
- Take the pan away from the heat and transfer the rice to a sieve to drain all the excess water out. Keep the rice aside and let them cool for a while.
- Now in a large clean bowl shift all the cooked, cooled, drained rice and sprinkle it with sugar.
- Add pineapple to the bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add marshmallows to the rice mixture and fold in the whipped cream in a clockwise motion.
- Place the bowl in a refrigerator and let it chill for almost 4 hours.
- Spoon the chilled rice mixture into 6 dessert bowls and drop one maraschino cherry on top of each bowl. (Cherries can be quartered or halved and can be mixed in the mixture as well).
Glorified rice was first introduced by Janet Letnes Martin and Suzann Nelson in 1995 in their Book called ‘They Glorified Mary… We Glorified Rice: A Catholic-Lutheran Lexicon’.