How to Make Flamiche au poireaux
- Wash up the leek and slice it into very thin pieces.
- Peel off the red onions, wash these and dice these into small pieces.
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the stove on low heat.
- Melt butter into the pan.
- Add chopped onions and leek into the pan.
- Stir fry it for 10 minutes.
- Remove it from the pan and set it aside until it is needed.
- Now spread out the short crust pastry dough on a baking pan.
- Use a fork to make some holes into the spread out dough so it doesn’t puff up too much.
- Set it aside until it is needed for filling the stuffing.
- Take a large mixing bowl to prepare the stuffing.
- Add eggs, cream and milk into the bowl.
- Add the salt, cayenne pepper and nutmeg seasoning into the bowl.
- Whisk all the ingredients.
- Set it aside until it is needed for assembling.
- Take the bacon slices and cut these into small pieces.
- Heat up a frying pan with butter.
- Add the bacon pieces into it and stir fry these until they are tender.
- Now, begin assembling the tart.
- Take the tart pan covered with dough.
- Pour fried bacon slices, grated Swiss cheese, fried leek and onion and the mixture prepared with cream and milk into the dough.
- Bake the tart at 450 degrees Fahrenheit for 40 minutes.
- Serve hot with your favorite sauce!
- Leek is a vegetable which belongs to the Lily family.
- The ancient Greeks used leeks in the treatment of nosebleeds.
The Great Roman Emperor Nero ate leeks regularly due to his belief that it improved singing abilities.