How to Make Energy Bar
- Remove pistachio casings.
- Break open the walnuts and remove the upper hard cover.
- Take a non-stick frying pan.
- Place the pan on the stove on low flame.
- Add almonds, pistachios, pumpkin seeds, cashew nuts and sesame seeds into the pan.
- Roast the dry fruits for a few minutes.
- Remove them from the heat and set aside until they are needed.
- Place a deeper sauce pan on the stove on low heat.
- Add brown sugar into the pan.
- Add honey and lemon juice into the pan.
- Mix honey and lemon juice well with the sugar until the sugar is dissolved completely and it becomes watery in the pan.
- Add salt into the pan and mix again.
- Let the sweet honey sauce simmer for at least 3 to 4 minutes on medium heat.
- Remove the sauce from the stove.
- Place the dry fruit pan back on the stove.
- Roast the dry fruits a little more then pour the honey sauce into the pan and mix it up with the dry fruits.
- Cook for a couple of minutes more on low heat.
- Then spray a baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour the honey coated dry fruits into the baking pan and put it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, remove the energy slab from the baking pan and cut it into bars.
- Refrigerate and eat moderately!
- Women are known to eat more energy bars than men.
- Most energy bars contain peanuts and peanut butter.
One fifth of the Americans eat energy bars in a day.