How to make Egg and Potato Curry
- Remove the shells of boiled eggs and make incisions on the opposite sides of eggs for the spices to be absorbed. Cut potatoes in medium size pieces and wash them.
- Pour and heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Fry the potatoes till golden brown, drain and keep them aside. Fry boiled eggs till they are golden brown, drain and keep them aside.
- Fry onion, ginger, and garlic paste till golden brown and then add tomato paste and fry for five minutes stirring continuously. Mix all dry spices except garam masala and fry till oil is released.
- Add the fried potatoes and pour two cups of water into the onion and spices mixture. Close the lid and cook on medium flame till they are tender. Transfer the fried eggs into a pan, mix well, and let them cook for five minutes on a low flame. Depending on the consistency you can add little water and simmer for two minutes on low flame.
- Turn off the flame, add garam masala powder, stir well, close the lid, and keep it covered for five minutes. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
It is believed that potatoes were domesticated approximately 7000 to 10000 years ago in Southern Peru. Nearly 5000 varieties of potatoes are grown all over the world!