How to Make Deep dish lasagna
- Preheat the oven to about 375°F. Coat a 13x9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high meat.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, sugar, basil, oregano and salt. Bring this to a boil, after which, simmer to low heat for about 30 minutes.
- The cheese filling should be placed in a shallow bowl. Whisk it with eggs, ricotta, basil, Parmesan and salt.
- Spread 1 cup of meat sauce in the dish, place noodles, half of the ricotta mixture, ½ cups of mozzarella cheese and a cup of meat sauce. Add another layer of noodles, any remaining ricotta and mozzarella. Repeat with another layer of noodles.
- If any meat sauce remains, cover it to the top and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese
- Bake this in an oven for about 35 minutes
- Now enjoy this delicious lasagna!
- July 29th is considered as National Lasagna Day.
- Lasagna has roots in Italy.
The earliest lasagna recipes date as far back as the thirteenth century.