- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 3 tbsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 or 2 dried chillis - according to personal preference
- 5 garlic cloves – finely grated
- Thumb sized piece of peeled root ginger – finely grated
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp white cider vinegar/ wine vinegar
- Sunflower or vegetable oil – for covering the paste for storage
How to make Curry Paste
Note: Will keep for up to 1 week in the fridge.
If you plan a long day ahead at your office or if you’re going on a distant journey, take your meal with you. With a VayaTyffyn lunchbox, you get to enjoy your meals just as hot as they were when they were packaged! It is the true definition of convenience at your fingertips.
The word ‘curry’ originated from ‘kari’, a Tamil word which means ‘spiced sauce’.