How to Make Cuban Sandwich
For the Sauce
- Take a mixing bowl.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard into it.
- Mix these two really well.
- Season this mixture with cayenne pepper.
- Give it another mix until it turns into a fine spread.
For the Sandwich
- Take the pickle.
- Wash it off properly but do not remove the skin.
- Make six thin, lengthy slices from the pickle.
- Likewise, take the Swiss cheese slab and make six thin slices from it.
- Take the Cuban Loaf of Bread.
- Remove the crusts from both ends.
- Cut the bread into half.
- Take one half of the bread loaf and slice it from the middle.
- Be careful to slice it perfectly.
- Once, the bread is sliced, apply a hefty amount of the sauce on both the bottom and the top slices.
- Place 2 slices of cheese on one slice of the bread.
- Place 3 slices of ham on top of that.
- Place the pork pieces on top of the ham.
- On top of the pork place 3 pickle slices.
- Place one more slice of cheese on top of the pickle.
- Cover the top of the sandwich with the other slice.
- Heat up a non-stick frying pan on the stove on low flame.
- Add butter into it and let it melt.
- Place the sandwich into the pan with the melted butter.
- Use a spoon to press down the sandwich and toast it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Then flip the sandwich to the other side and repeat the same process.
- Do the same process to make the Cuban sandwich with the other half of the bread loaf.
- Remove the prepared sandwiches from the pan.
- Serve hot!
- Although, it is called a Cuban sandwich it was actually originated in Tampa, in the Ybor City
In Your City it had the influence of Italian bricklayers and German cigar-makers. That is why many of the ingredients in the sandwich are their favorites. Salami was added by the Italian bricklayers. In the same manner, mustard was added by the German cigar-makers