How to Make Chicken Fingers
- Cut the chicken in ½-inch strips.
- In a large plastic bag (or Ziploc bag), add the egg, buttermilk, and garlic powder. Give it a good mix and add the cut chicken strips in it. Coat the chicken into the mixture really well, seal the bag when done, and refrigerate it for at least 24 hours.
- Drain and discard the marinade. In a different large plastic bag, add the flour, breadcrumbs, salt, and baking powder. Give it a mix and add the chicken in it. Seal the back and coat the chicken well.
- In the mean time, heat oil to 375 degrees in an electric skillet. Fry the coated chicken in batches for 4-5 minutes or until all sides have become golden brown. Drain on paper towels and serve with your favorite condiment.
- In many countries, chicken fingers are the most common snack.
- Chicken fingers must be coated in breadcrumbs or they will not be chicken fingers!
July 27 is national chicken finger day.