Scrumptious Caprese Burger
tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
cup extra virgin olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
thick slices of tomato
pounds of lean ground beef
cup of fresh basil, chopped
cup of Parmesan cheese, grated
clove of garlic, minced
teaspoon of black pepper
ounces of fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
hamburger buns, split
How to Make Scrumptious Caprese Burger
- In a small bowl, take balsamic vinegar, oil, salt, and pepper, and whisk thoroughly.
- On a separate plate, spread tomato slices and pour the vinegar mixture to marinate.
- Preheat an outdoor grill over medium-high heat and lightly grease the grate with oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, tomato paste, basil, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and 1/4 teaspoon of pepper.
- Once mixed thoroughly, form four equal sized patties.
- Cook the patties on the preheated grill until they are cooked to your preferred doneness. Allow each side to cook for five minutes to have a well-done patty.
- Top the burger patties with mozzarella cheese and allow them to melt.
- Serve on hamburger buns with tomato slices.
- The name of the dish, “Caprese Burger” is derived from the “Caprese Salad” which is a simple Italian salad that is made of mozzarella cheese, tomatoes, sweet basil, and salt and pepper.
- Caprese Burgers is originally for the salad lovers who want the taste of salad in a burger form.
Two of the most popular sides served with these delicious burgers are caramelized onions and baked potatoes.