How to Make Cornish Game Hen
- Take a clean medium sized bowl mix together lemon pepper, poultry seasoning, salt, and dried basil until well incorporated.
- Place each hen one by one on a large tray and rub olive oil all over them.
- Next coat each hen with the salt mixture already prepared and then place them on a baking tray covered with foil paper. Leave plenty of space when placing each hen on the tray so that they don’t collapse on each other while baking. (You might need to use two pans)
- Stuff the cavities of each hen with diced onion, green bell pepper, and celery.
- Place the tray in a preheated oven at 375 degrees F for the hen to roast for about 1 hour or until a kitchen thermometer reads 165 degrees F on the thickest part of the hen, and the juices run clear.
- Now remove the hens from the oven and loosely cover them with foil paper.
- Let them rest for 10 minutes before you carve, cut or serve them.