How to make Coconut Milk Rice
- Wash and clean the rice multiple times until the water runs clear.
- Soak the rice for a minimum of 15 mins.
- Note: Presoaking helps the ricecook faster andconsume less water while cooking.
- Prep ½ - 1 cup of the mixed vegetables and place them into a bowl.
- Add the mint and grated coconut to the bowl.
- Note: You can also grind the coconut into a paste to avoid the texture.
- Add the spices, salt and coconut milk to the bowl, then set aside.
- Layer in order the ghee, bay leaves, onions, half of mixed vegetables, the drained Basmati rice, and the remaining mixed vegetables.
- Add 1 cup of water.
- Close the lid and let cook at a medium-high temperature.
- Switch off the heat after 2 whistles and let the pressure settle - approximately 10 mins.
- Fluff and combine the rice using a fork.
- Serve warm with a raitha or spicy gravy.
Palm trees spread their seeds to different islands by letting coconuts float across the ocean