How to Make Brownie Biscotti
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Grease baking sheets or line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream them until it becomes smooth. Then, beat eggs in the bowl, one at a time. Add the vanilla extract and mix again. Now, add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda. With a wooden spoon, stir the dry ingredients into the creamed mixture until it is well incorporated. By this time, it will turn into stiff dough so you will need to mix it with your hands. At this point, you can add the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal parts and shape it into 9x2x1 inch loaves. Place this on the baking sheet, 4 inches away from each other. Then brush the yolk and water mixture on them.
- Let it bake for 20 to 25 minutes in the oven or until it is firm. Let it cool on a baking sheet before cutting.
- With a serrated knife, you will need to slice the loaves diagonally, into 1-inch slices. After cutting, put the slices on the baking sheet and bake for additional 10 to 15 minutes on both sides.
- The word biscotti means “baked twice.”
- Biscotti is made with many different ingredients like lavender, almonds, or rosemary.
September 29 is national biscotti day.