How to Make Chimichangas
- Mix the chicken, picante sauce, oregano, cheese and cumin in a medium sized bowl.
- Place ½ cup of the mixture in the center of each tortilla
- Fold the sides of the tortilla over the fillings.
- Roll them up and place side down on the baking dish.
- Apply melted margarine on the baking dish.
- Bake the baking dish at 400 degrees for about 25 minutes or until the chimichangas have turned golden.
- According to taste, apply cheese, onion and sauce with the chimichangas. Enjoy!
- Tortillas are an exotic food product which isn’t exactly in mainstream use in the United States, but they are a main staple of diet for Mexicans.
- Mexicans usually eat 3 every day, preferring to fill them with various ingredients ranging from chicken, beef, eggs and even beans.
Mexican food blended with American cuisines are known as Tex Mex.