How to Make Chicken Tetrazzini
- Chop up the boiled chicken pieces on a flat surface. Season the chicken according to your preference in a separate bowl. However, you can also just use back pepper powder and salt.
- Take a non-stick pan. Heat up oil inside it. Fry the seasoned chicken into it until it turns slightly brown.
- Take it off the heat until it is needed for assembling.
For Boiling Noodles
- Take a deep pan and pour 4 to 5 glasses of water in it.
- Break the noodles in half and put them in the pan as the water begins to boil.
- Once, the noodles are boiled, drain the hot water and run the noodles through room temperature water.
- Set them aside until they are needed for the assembling.
- Take a non-stick frying pan and heat up half a slab of butter in it.
- Add the cream of chicken and mushroom soup into the frying pan and stir it well until it is well blended. Pour milk into the pan and stir until it is blended well with the cream and butter.
- Add slices of mushrooms into the pan and let the sauce simmer for two minutes as it thickens.
- Then add half a cup of parmesan cheese and sliced pimientos into the pan and stir until they too have blended well.
- Let the sauce simmer at low heat.
- Preheat your oven at 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the prepared chicken into the simmering sauce and stir until it is well-blended with the creamy texture. Now add the prepared noodles and sauté them for a couple of minutes.
- Take a baking dish. Grease it with some vegetable oil. Now, pour the chicken tetrazzini into the dish. Sprinkle it heavily with the remaining grated parmesan cheese and grated cheddar cheese.
- Bake it in the pre-heated oven for 25 minutes.
- Serve it hot with your favorite bread!
Chicken tetrazzini was created in the 20th Century by an American chef in the honor of Louisa Tetrazzini who was an Italian operatic soprano.