How to Make Chicken Scallopini
Recipe for the sauce
- In a small saucepan pour water and bring it to a simmer. Add vegetable base to the simmering water to make a stock. While the stock is being made, combine arrowroot and cold water in a bowl and then pour the mixture into the, now, boiling stock. Remove the saucepan from heat once the stock begins to thicken.
Recipe for chicken
- After trimming away the extra fat, cut the chicken into equal sizes, as per your preference. Then place the chicken in cellophane and pound it lightly with a mallet till it is of 1/3 inch thickness.
- After that, season the chicken with salt and pepper, and set it aside to marinate.
- In a non-stick sauté pan add the oil to warm. Place the chicken in the oil after lightly coating it with flour, and sauté it on medium heat till you see its juices rising to the top.
- After 2 minutes turn the chicken over with a rubber spatula and sauté the other side the same way you did the first side.
- To the chicken, add garlic, pour olive oil over the garlic and spread it out and cook until the garlic turns light golden. As the garlic sautés, add parsley to it.
- Just as the garlic begins to develop more color, add lemon juice. To allow the ingredients to mix together, shake them for 30 seconds so that the ingredients can mix and that its base can be glazed with the oil and juices.
- After the 30 seconds are over remove the chicken from the pan, make sure the sauce is still in the pan and put it on a plate.
- Put the pan back on the stock and allow it to simmer till it thickens to your desired consistency.
- Add the chicken to the pan to warm a little, remove it, put it on the plate, and then add the sauce on top of it.
The unique ingredient, arrowroot, does not have a definitive taste of its own. The starch is used to bind the mixture together and help in thicken quickly while keeping the food feeling “light”.