- Take a non-stick frying pan.
- Heat up oil into it.
- Now add chicken and sausages into the pan.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper onto the chicken and sausages while they fry.
- Fry until they turn slightly brown.
- Now take them off the heat and bake them at 500 degree Fahrenheit.
- Once baked, put the chicken and sausages back on the stove.
- Add garlic and fry until it turns light brown.
- Now add the cherry pepper and fry it a little more for another minute.
- Turn the heat low and add white wine into the pan.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes after you mix everything well with the wine.
- Now add the red wine vinegar and let it cook for another minute.
- Add chicken broth into the pan once the white wine and the red wine vinegar have dried up a bit.
- Let it simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Turn off the heat and garnish with fresh chopped parsley leaves.
- Serve hot!
- Scarpariello literally means ‘shoe-maker style’ in Italian. Therefore, chicken scarpariello is known as chicken cooked in shoe-maker style.
It is an Italian dish that doesn’t have pure Italian origins. It was actually more of an American-Italian cuisine that American neighbors of Italy made with fresh herbs and vegetables grown near home.