How to Make Chicken Risotto
- In a large pot, heat butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and peas. Stir and cook for 5 minutes until the mushrooms turn brown.
- Add chicken, ¼ teaspoon salt, and black pepper. Cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the cooking pot from the stove and set it aside.
- Also, simmer chicken stock in a medium saucepan and set it aside.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large cooking pot at low heat.
- Add chopped onion and cook for 5 minutes until the pieces become translucent. Stir it occasionally.
- Add rice. Stir and cook for 2 minutes or until the rice turn opaque.
- Add the remaining salt and ½ cup ofchicken stock to rice and stir. Cook until the stock is absorbed.
- Slowly add the remaining chicken stock, ½ cup at a time, so that rice can easily absorb it.
- Cook rice for half an hour until they get tender.
- Add chicken cubes, mushroom slices, parsley, and Parmesan cheese. Heat the mixture.
- Transfer chicken risotto to a serving bowl.
- Garnish with grated cheese, parsley, and fresh thyme.
- Serve and enjoy!
- The oldest mushroom fossil is 420 million years old.
- The largest mushroom, Honey Mushroom, is found in Oregon’s Blue Mountains.
- Most types of mushrooms grow towards the sunlight.
- Mushrooms are comprised of 90% water.
In the Amazon Rainforest, mushrooms release spores high into the air which triggers heavy rainfall.