- 1 pound skinless and boneless chicken breasts, halved and cut into small cubes
- 2 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 5 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken stock (ideallyhome prepared)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 1/4 cup frozen peas
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 large onion, peeled and fine chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, for taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
Classic chicken risotto is a northern Italian dish that is known for its tempting flavors.It makes a great weeknight dinner that also provides sufficient nutrient value.
In order to enhance its flavor, it’s recommended to prepare and preserve chicken stock at home before giving this recipe a try.
Mushrooms offer abundant health benefits.It’s good for anemic patients, due to its iron-rich content. It provides relief from headaches, fatigue, and digestive problems. Some types of mushrooms can even reduce the risk of prostate and breast cancer.
It’s a no-cholesterol food source that maintains your blood sugar level andprotects you from diabetes.Mushrooms also strengthen your bones and prevent painful medical conditions such as osteoporosis and joint pain.
Protein 31.5 g
Carbohydrates 43.6 g
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
Fat 16.5 g
Cholesterol 45.1 mg
How to Make Chicken Risotto
In the Amazon Rainforest, mushrooms release spores high into the air which triggers heavy rainfall.