Chicken Parmesan Casserole
package of penne pasta (16 ounces)
pound boneless and skinless chicken breast
cup vegetable oil
cups Italian season bread crumbs
cups shredded Mozzarella cheese
marinara sauce (32 ounces)
a small bunch of chopped basil leaves
salt to taste
How to Make Chicken Parmesan Casserole
- Medium heat a large pot. Add pasta. And then salt. Let the pasta cook until soft and chewy.
- Rinse and drain the water. Set aside the pasta.
- Now cut the chicken into ¼ inch thick or slice the chicken in half.
- Place the flour, egg, and Italian seasoning bread crumbs in three separate bowls.
- Now coat the chicken pieces (one by one) in flour, then dip it in the egg yolk and then in the Italian seasoning bread crumbs.
- Medium heat the oil in a large skillet. And fry the chicken pieces for 4 to 5 minutes, until they turn golden brown. Make sure the chicken turns brown on each side and it is no longer pink in the center.
- Remove the skillet form the stove. And if the chicken pieces are in halves then cut them into small pieces.
- In a large bowl add cooked pasta, chicken pieces, mozzarella cheese, parmesan cheese and marinara sauce. Mix them until thoroughly combined.
- Now spread the pasta in a 9x13 inch baking dish and cover it with a foil.
- Bake the pasta at 350 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven. Uncover the foil. And top the chicken parmesan casserole with lots of cheese.
- Continue to bake it for 10 to 15 minutes until the cheese is melted and casserole is baked.
- Garnish the dish with basil.
- Serve it hot and enjoy!
- Casserole refers to a kind of stew that is cooked slowly in an oven.
- Casserole is a baked dish with many different kinds of food.
A popular type of casserole is green bean casserole which is made up of green beans, milk and cream.