How to make Chicken Riggies
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and melt the butter. Keep the flame on medium heat. Add the shallots and garlic. Sauté them until they are soft.
- Add the chicken. Sprinkle pepper and salt and sauté again for about 10 minutes until cooked halfway through.
- Add the peppers and tomato sauce while stirring. Lower the heat and simmer. After 10 minutes, add the sherry. Simmer for 10 more minutes and add cream while stirring.
- Simmer for 10 minutes and pour over steaming hot cooked pasta. Serve hot.
- Did you know Chicken Riggies, also called Utica riggies, are a type of Italian-American pasta which is native to New York state’s Utica-Rome region?
- Interestingly, numerous Utica chefs have come to claim the dish, thanks to its immense popularity, but it is yet unclear how the dish actually originated.