Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata
tbsp olive oil
lb fresh asparagus — trimmed and cut (1 in pieces)
lb mushrooms — sliced
tsp fresh thyme — chopped
cup mozzarella cheese — shredded
tbsp Parmesan cheese — freshly grated
How to make Asparagus and Mushroom Frittata
- Preheat your oven to 165°C.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in an oven-safe skillet. Add the oil and asparagus while stirring.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Add the mushrooms and keep stirring. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs, thyme, and water in a bowl and pour into the skillet. Keep the flame at low heat and cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven, bake until the eggs are cooked and not runny. This should be about 12 minutes. Add Parmesan and mozzarella cheese on top. Broil until the cheese melts and turns light brown.
Frittata is actually an Italian, egg-based dish similar to an omelet. It combines the flavors of vegetables, cheeses, and meats as well. “Frittata” has Italian roots and means “fried”.