How to Make Eggplant Meatballs
Prepare Eggplant Meat Balls
- Preheat oven at 190 °C.
- Place eggplant slices in a large bowl and sprinkle salt. Set it aside for half an hour.
- Rinse eggplants and drain excess water. Squeeze dry and pat with paper towels to get rid of moisture.
- Spread 1 1/3 cups breadcrumbs in a baking sheet. Bake it in the oven for 5 minutes until they turn golden. Let them cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive in a cooking pot atmedium heat.
- Add eggplantsand cook for 5 minutes, flipping just once. Set eggplants aside for 5 minutes.
- Next, transfer eggplants, breadcrumbs, cheese, and garlic in a food processor and pulse.
- Take the mixture in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir in egg and chill it in a refrigerator for half an hour.
- Form the mixture into small balls and coat with the remaining breadcrumbs.
Bake Eggplant Meat Balls
- Preheat oven at 210 °C.
- Line a baking sheet with an aluminum foil and apply olive oil.
- Place eggplant balls in the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Apply olive oil, garlic, and tomatoes and sprinkle red pepper flakes.
- Bake for another 15 minutes until they turn golden.
- Transfer eggplant meat balls in a serving dish.
- Top with cheese and basil leaves. Serve when warm!
- Unlike the popular belief, eggplants are berries and not vegetables.
- Eggplants originate from British-colonized India where they’re still referred to as “The King of Vegetables”.
- Eggplant seeds contain nicotine.
- The nicotine element of a cigarette is equivalent to that of 20 pounds of eggplants.