- 1 large eggplant,stemmed and sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs, preferably of Italian bread
- 3 small garlic clove, slice 2 cloves and mince the remaining one
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, for taste
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 ounce mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, fine chopped
Eggplant meatballs satisfy the taste buds of meat-lovers and vegetarians alike. Its sweet aroma will increase your appetite. Furthermore, you can add any leftover food to enhance its flavor and avoid wasting food.
Eggplants are rich in dietary fiber and improve your digestive health.They control LDL cholesterol level in your body to reduce the risk of many heart diseases. If you’re obese, you should eat more eggplants to quickly lose excess weight.
Although children usually don’t like eating vegetables, eggplants should be a part of their diet, since it enhances blood flow to the brain and eliminates toxins from the body.
Protein 7.8 g
Carbohydrates 8.1 g
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
Fat 2.6 g
Cholesterol 20.2 mg
How to Make Eggplant Meatballs
Prepare Eggplant Meat Balls
Bake Eggplant Meat Balls