- 1.5 kg chicken breasts, cut into small cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into thin strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into thin strips
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 400 big tomatoes- sliced
- 2 teaspoon white flour
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano, dried
- 2 habanero peppers, fine chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 bay leaf
- Salt and ground black pepper (for taste)
For Garnishing :
- Coriander, chopped (optional)
- Parsley, chopped (optional)
- Lime wedge (optional)
Don’t you love having a cup of hot chicken soup on a cold winter evening? Why not give it a distinct flavor with bell pepper!
The pleasant aroma and flavor of bell pepper perfectly complement chicken soup. It’s your go-to appetizer for every family gathering.
Chicken pepper soup is basically a Nigerian dish. However, its amazing taste has made it popular all around the globe. Do not forget to store some soup in a water bottle from Vaya to sip through the day.
Bell peppers contain an abundance of vitamins A and C. Since these are low on calories, you can consume bell peppers without worrying about gaining weight. Add capsicums to your regular diet, for they can reduce LDL cholesterol blood sugar levels and even reduce chronic pain.
How to make Chicken Pepper Soup