- 5 boneless, chicken breast (halved)
- 30 grams of all purpose flour
- Salt and pepper as required
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- 3/4 cups of butter
- 1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes
- 1 cup of freshly spinach
- 1 cup of Marsala wine (the most important ingredient)
How to Make Chicken Marsala Florentine
Dress it with pasta and serve hot. Up to four people can be served this dish.
Chicken marsala is an Italian dish which dates back to the 19th century. But it is said that an English family invented the dish because they lived in Western Sicily, which used to produce Marsala wine in large quantities. The English family decided to thicken the wine in order to give it the consistency of a syrup. The Marsala wine itself is made from white grapes, inzolia and catarratto. These are responsible for the rich, smoky flavor of the Chicken Marsala Florentine dish.