- 1/4 kg chicken
- 2 cups brown basmati rice—soaked for 30 minutes
- 2 tsp oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup mint leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 green chillies - slit
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 4 cloves
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 1 Star Anise
- 1 bay leaf
- A few strands of mace
- 1/2 tsp shahi jeera
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 3/4 cup whisked curds
How to make Chicken Biriyani with Brown Rice
8.Garnish the biriyani with chopped coriander and cover it.
9.Heat a tawa and place the handi on top. Cook covered on low flame for 14 minutes. Turn off the flame and let the biriyani rest on the tawa for another 15 minutes.
10.Serve with raita and potato chips and enjoy!
In a report by Swiggy, the most ordered dish by Indians in 2017 was chicken biryani.