Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes
chicken breasts, skin-on/bone or removed
cloves whole garlic, peeled
1 can (398ml)
artichoke hearts, drained and cut in half
dry white wine
heavy cream (35%) (or a lighter cream, mixed with 1 tsp. cornstarch)
sun-dried tomatoes, slivered (packed oil or soaked if dried)
grated parmesan (optional)
Salt and pepper to taste
How to Make Chicken with Artichokes and Tomatoes
- Pre-heat the oven to around 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- On the skillet, heat the olive oil over medium light flame.
- Make sure that you properly dry, salt and pepper the chicken.
- Add chicken to the hot pan.
- Preferably add it side down and cook until it reaches a golden brown hue.
- Let it cook for 6-8 minutes on each side.
- Take out the chicken and let it rest on the side.
- Now add garlic, cooking and stirring it until it reaches a brownish color.
- Take off the pan from heat.
- Add the chicken into the pan and begin adding the artichokes.
- Make sure you stir them for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the pan into the pre-heated oven.
- Let the chicken and artichokes roast for about 10 minutes.
- If the chicken is not boneless then cook for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place chicken on a separate plate.
- Add white wine to the hot pan.
- Let it simmer until the alcohol smell disappears.
- Add chicken broth, cream, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook the sauce until it thickens.
- Mix the sauce with the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.